Placement - general
- Before laying the mosaic or tiles, ensure that the surface is even, clean, free of grease and dry.
- Keep a distance of at least 10 cm from each heat source, for example, in the kitchen.
- For sticking, only use a paste (D2 TE) or cement-based (C2 TE S1) tile adhesive. Apply sufficient adhesive to prevent the formation of air bubbles between tile and wall.
- To prevent glue to come into the joint you can flatten the glue before pressing the mosaic onto.
- Allow the adhesive to dry completely (24 h) before filling the joints. Carefully remove the plastic film.
- Fill the joint up to the back wall (the entire depth of the joint). Incomplete filled joints will remain visible due to the transparency of some mosaic. Use waterproof joint filler in moist areas. For showers and swimming pools we recommend epoxy joint filler.
- Use a moist soft cloth or sponge to clean the tiled surface of cement residues. Use plenty of water.
- Wear gloves, safety glasses and suitable protective clothing.
- When laying, follow the instructions on the package of the adhesive manufacturer.
- Use in swimming pools: we recommend putting a waterproof sealing before applying tiles. Give sufficient time to dry (approx. 3 weeks).
Use a regular tile cutter (photo 1) for this. Before cutting the tiles, clean them and remove anything that may cause scratching. Working gently will give the desired result.
Make sure that the cutting blade is sharp enough and in good condition. Only exert a slight pressure when cutting into and breaking the tile. Use a Monolith Mosaic kit as a pad for a better result.
Mesh mounted mosaic
Smooth substrate, flex adhesive evenly spread.
Lay the mesh and press firmly to optimize adhesion between mosaic and adhesive. Use notched trowel for equal pressing. If neccesary, please remove all adhesive residues.
Grout with rubber trowel.
Use a moist soft cloth or sponge to clean the tiled surface of cement residues. Use plenty of water.
Mosaic with paper on the front
Lay the sheet and press gently.
Use notched trowel for equal pressing.
After drying (24hours), saturate paper with water and remove paper at once.
Grout with epoxy and rubber trowel.
Use a moist soft cloth or sponge to clean the tiled surface of cement residues.